- LP and AHP depart from L. A. and arrive in NY to take a train to Ithaca to Cornell University.
- Letter from Charles Coryell to LP RE: Reply to LP's letter of October 26, 1954; hopes to see LP and AHP at Cornell; suggests if LP has more information about his passport case to send it to Geoffrey Chew, University of Illinois. Postscript: "Saturday morning one Boston radio station (seemingly WERS) announced that you have the Nobel Prize. That is wonderful, and so just that it cannot be wrong, only 15 years slow." [Filed under C: Individual Correspondence Box #68.2]
- Letter from Dr. Fred J. Allen to LP RE: LP's textbook revision, including critical comments for chapters 7, 9 and 10. [Filed under Correspondence: (Allen, Fred 1924-1969) Box #5.3]
- Letter from Fred Gruen, Olivet College, to LP RE: Gruen says that he'd like some critical comments on the exercises he sent for Chapter 1. He has enclosed some comments on Chapters 7, 9 and 10. He says has had a wild idea-- an omnibus chapter about industrial processes and economics. He says that he can explain what he means in more detail if LP is interested. [Filed under LP Manuscripts of Books, 1950b1.4]
- Letter from Walter A. Schmidt to LP RE: congratulations for Nobel Prize [Filed under LP Biographical: Box 6.006, Folder 6.78]
- Memorandum from L.A. DuBridge to Dr. George W. Beadle, cc: LP RE: The Committee on Government and Industrial Contracts has approved the proposal to the NSF for a research grant to support investigations requiring the use of an analytical ultracentrifuge. [Memorandum from Anderson to DuBridge October 12, 1954] [Filed under LP Science: (National Science Foundation: Grants, Exhibits, 1954-1964), Box #14.030, Folder 30.2]
- Newspaper Clipping: "American Due to Receive Nobel Chemistry Award", November 1, 1954. [Filed under LP Biographical: Box 6.006, Folder 6.63]
- Typed itinerary for world tour (before Nobel Prize announced and Stockholm added) [LP Awards, 1954h2.16]