- Letter from Angewandte Chemie to Beatrice Wulf, Secretary to LP, RE: Requests permission to publish LP's Nobel lecture and asks that LP forward them corrected proofs. [Letter from Wulf to Angewandte Chemie
February 17, 1955] [Filed under LP Awards: 1954h3.27]
- Letter from Beatrice Wulf, Secretary to LP, to Dr. E.C. Gilbert, Chairman, Chemistry Dept., Oregon State College, RE: Forwards Gilbert's invitation to speak to the graduate students at Oregon State College, along with Dr. Harry Freund's invitation to speak at the ACS regional meeting, to LP in India. [Letter from Gilbert to LP January 31, 1955] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (G: Correspondence, 1936-1956)), #140.19]
- Letter from Beatrice Wulf, Secretary to LP, to Dr. Harry Freund, Chairman, Oregon Section, American Chemical Society, Oregon State College, RE: The invitation to address the Northwest Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society has arrived while LP is still abroad. Will forward to the letter to LP in India. [Letter from Freund to LP January 31, 1955] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (F: Correspondence, 1935-1956), #128.20]
- Letter from Dr. Richard W. Lippman, Chairman, Scientific Advisory Council, National Nephrosis Foundation, Inc., to LP RE: Handwritten note at top: "Mrs. Wulf - this is for your information." Discusses the fund-raising effort of the Foundation and details of the dinner scheduled for March 25 to honor LP. Plans to present LP with an award in the form of a medal. Handwritten note at bottom: "I'd like to surprise him with this." [LP Science: (National Nephrosis Foundation, Inc., 1954-1958), Box #14.026, Folder #26.1]
- Letter from LP (New Delhi, India), to Beatrice Wulf, Secretary to LP. [Filed under LP Awards: 1954h2.16]
2 Feb. 1955
We are getting along fine - no trouble, despite a heavy schedule. Please tell Dick Lippman that our health is good - give him our love.
Yesterday we went to Agra by car (120 miles), returning today. We saw the Taj Mahal by moonlight, & then saw the sunrise beside it, & then spent the morning looking at it - & also saw many others tombs or temples.
I have written Chancellor Benitez that we might come to Puerto Rico 1 to 8 May. Will you check my schedule, & write him, saying that this week is free (if it is), or that it is not free?
There are too many strange things here for me to begin telling you about them by letter.
Love to Oliver.
P.S. I trust that all is well with you & the labs.
- Letter from Masson and Cie Editeurs, Libraires de l'Academie de Medecine, to LP RE: Request permission to use the figures from LP's article in the April 1948 issue of Endeavor. Says proper credit would be given to LP and to Endeavor. [Letter from LP to Editeurs February 11, 1955] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (M: Correspondence, 1950-1955), #256.6]
- Letter from Minor C. K. Jones, Esso Laboratories, to LP RE: Believes that LP will be interested to know that the name of their company will change tomorrow to Esso Research and Engineering Company. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (E: Correspondence)), #112.21]
- Letter from Professor W. Albert Noyes, Editor, Journal of the American Chemical Society, to Beatrice Wulf, Secretary to LP, RE: Is pleased that LP will review the book, The Structural Chemistry of Proteins. If LP decides upon his return that he does not wish to review the book, requests that he send the book back. Gives detailed instructions for the submission of the review. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (C: Organizational Correspondence. (Ch - Ci), #70.3]
- Photo: Linus Pauling sitting. Uttar Pradesh, India. "Paddy With respects from Paramhans Tewari Department of Chemistry Lucknow University [Illegible letter].P. India February 4, 1955." Photographer unknown. Black and white print. [Filed under LP Photo Box: 1955i.16]
- Receipt for the Great Eastern Hotel, Ltd. [Filed under LP Personal Safe, Drawer #3, Folder #3.022]