Second millage tax, for higher education support in Oregon, approved by popular referendum.
Engineering Laboratory (now Graf Hall) erected.
Population in Corvallis: 5,752; in Benton County: 13,744; in Oregon: 783,389.
Campus residence provided for the President. Located just north of Shepard Hall, it had been the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
Non-resident fee schedule established.
Debut of OAC tennis; B. T. Simms, coach.
Margaret Snell Hall (now Ballard Extension Hall) erected as a women's dormitory.
Athletic grounds named Bell Field in honor of former regent J. R. N. Bell.
Fifty-watt radio station built by Professor Jacob Jordan of the Physics Department in January and licensed as KFDJ on December 7. First broadcast aired January 23, 1923.
School of Basic Arts and Sciences established (formerly the Division of Service Departments).
Debut of OAC swimming.
New Commerce Hall (currently Bexell Hall) opened with a Business Show.
Inter-school athletic competition for women was discouraged.
Dr. George F. Zook, Specialist in Higher Education, rated Oregon Agricultural College as a standard institution in all respects.
All work of less than collegiate standing abolished; e.g., the two-year vocational curriculum in commerce, the one-year program in forestry, and the two-year short course in pharmacy.
Debut of OAC polo.
New steam plant constructed south of the armory.
Little Theater established by the Mask and Dagger dramatic club in the Administration Building (currently Benton Hall).
Student fee increased to $5.50 per term when the Barometer became a daily newspaper.
Extension Service initiated use of radio to broadcast education programs throughout the state.