- Article: "Oceanography, Fisheries, and Atomic Radiation," Science. [Filed under LP Peace: (Materials re: The Biological Effects of Radiation, 1948, 1950, 1955-1959), Box #7.015, Folder #15.7]
- Check from AHP to Sierra Madre Beauty Salon for $4.50. [Filed under LP Biographical: (Business and Financial: Bank Statements and Canceled Checks, February 1956-December 1957), Box #4.024, Folder #24.1]
- Check from AHP to Thomas Underwood for $20.00. [Filed under LP Biographical: (Business and Financial: Bank Statements and Canceled Checks, February 1956-December 1957), Box #4.024, Folder #24.1]
- Correspondence: from Shirley Supnick, Children Limited, [re: enclosed newspaper clipping] July 6, 1956. [Filed under LP Biographical: (LP Scrapbooks 1956-1960), Box #6.007, Folder #7.15]
- Letter from Dr. Solomon Schwartz, Jewish Hospital of Brooklyn, to LP RE: Thanks LP for accepting invitation to speak at The Jewish Hospital of Brooklyn on October 30. Requests title of LP's talk. Offers to help with travel arrangements. Will provide a $500 honorarium. [Letter from LP to Schwartz August 31, 1956] [Filed under LP Speeches: 1956s.32]
- Letter from Ernest M. Allen, Chief, Division of Research Grants, Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, to LP, RE: Upon recommendation of the National Advisory Health Council on June 12, 1956, the Surgeon General has approved LP's application for renewal of Research Grant No. RG-4276(C). [Filed under LP Science: (United States Public Health Service: Assorted Grants, 1954-1964), Box #14.042, Folder #42.1]
- Letter from Jacques M. May, League for Emotionally Disturbed Children, to LP, Jr. RE: Writes to ask LP to serve on the Professional Advisory Committee. He will not be asked to spend more time than he can give but they would like his point of view. They are publishing an issue of the newspaper in October and would like to include a statement from him on the subject of mental illness in children. [Letter from LP, Jr. to May August 1, 1956] [Filed under LP Science: Box #11.088, Folder #88.13]
- Letter from LP to Otto Nathan RE: Regrets to learn of the subpoena the House Committee on Un-American Activities has served on Nathan. Says he has no suggestions of a person to serve as temporary secretary of the organization and sends his best wishes. [Letters from Nathan to LP June 7, 1956, August 14, 1956] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (Nathan, Otto), #276.3]
- Letter from LP to Peter Briggs, Ladies' Home Journal, RE: Promises to send a copy of the manuscript of his May 2 speech before the American Psychiatric Association. [Letters from Briggs to LP May 31, 1956, July 19, 1956] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (American Psychiatric Association), #11.11]
- Letter from LP to Peter Pauling. [Filed under LP Biographical: Box #5.042, Folder #42.3]
6 July 1956
Here is a small, but hurry-up, job. Will you please pay the enclosed bill for a subscription to NATURE for your father, he asks. Since his subscription expires with the 30 June issue, it might be well to pay the bill as soon as you can, so he won't miss any numbers.
It has been nice to hear about you and Julia both from your folks and from the Hughes's. I hope everything is going fine. Crellin is around here every day, doing some real chemistry, and he seems to enjoy it. The Freeman Company is having its tenth birthday celebration in San Francisco this weekend, so your dad and mother are just now leaving to drive up there. They will probably return on Monday.
We haven't moved into our new building yet, because the rooms aren't ready for us yet. It takes B and G so long to get the equipment in place. We have the office furniture but no phones, buzzers, and laboratory equipment for your father. I hope we shall surely get to Church by the beginning of school.
All good wishes from Oliver and me,
- Letter from LP to Walter Bauer, Harvard Medical School, RE: States satisfactory date to Corey for a meeting in Berkeley. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (B: Correspondence, 1956), #38.2]