- Itinerary: LP leaves Kansas City and arrives in Portland at 5:10 PM [Filed under LP Travel: Box #1.001, Folder 1.12]
- Letter from Daniel Deutsch to LP RE: Request to be a reference for Deutsch in an application for a research grant from the Helen Hay Whitney Foundation in New York. [Filed under C: Correspondence, 1954 Box #74.22].
- Letter from G. Scheibe to LP RE: Comments on LP's new book GENERAL CHEMISTRY and talks about Mr. Bruchners scholarship application. Letter in German [Letter from GF. Schiebe to LP March 26, 1954, reply from LP to Schiebe April 16, 1954] [Filed B correspondence 1954, Box #37.21].
- Letter from Jean Sanford, W.H. Freeman and Co., to LP . RE: Sanford says that within a few weeks they will be printing a circular on LP's chemistry texts. She wants to know if the enclosed copy of it accurately summarizes the changes in the second edition. [Filed under LP Manuscripts of Books, 1953b.1]
- Newspaper Clipping: "Smoking-Cancer Link Seen by Famed Scientist", Salt Lake City (Utah) Deseret News and Telegram, March 26, 1954. [Filed under LP Biographical: Box 6.006, Folder 6.50]