- Letter from Beatrice Wulf to W.H. Freeman and Co., RE: LP would like 12 copies of General Chemistry. 2nd Ed. sent to him and charged to his royalty account. [Filed under LP Manuscripts of Books, 1953b.1]
- Letter from LP to Casper Schutte RE: Reply to Schutte's letter of March 15, 1954; Contains information about applying for a graduate fellowship at Caltech. [Schutte's letter May 18, 1954] [Filed under S: Correspondence 1954, Box #379.2]
- Letter from LP to Detlev W. Bronk, President, National Academy of Sciences RE: LP hopes Todd will accept invitation to take part in the symposium. He also believes that the Academy might change regulations to elect more members each year, an increase to 50 new members. [Letter from Bronk March 9, 1954; Reply from Bronk March 22, 1954] [Filed under LP Science: (National Academy of Sciences, 1952-1954), Box #14.020, Folder 20.3]
- Letter from LP to George Kistiakowsky, National Academy of Sciences. [Kistiakowsky's letter March 10, 1954] [Filed under LP Science: (National Academy of Sciences, 1952-1954), Box #14.020, Folder 20.3]
15 March 1954
Prof. George Kistiakowsky
Department of Chemistry
Cambridge 38, Mass
Thanks for your letter about the caucus and Zechmeister. We shall go ahead with the nomination of Zechmeister on an intersectional basis.
Also, as you know by now, I have taken care of the material about Todd, having sent it on last week to the Home Secretary of the Academy.
Dictated by Linus Pauling
Signed in his absence:W
- Letter from LP to Professor A.R. von Hippel, RE: LP gives von Hippel permission to use diagrams from his book, "The Nature of the Chemical Bond," and advises von Hippel to write to Cornell University Press for additional permission. [Filed under: LP Manuscripts of Books, 1960b.5.2]
- Letter from T.H. Templeton, Captain, USN, Commanding Officer to LP RE: Discusses the policy of the Office of Naval Research regarding the transmission of reprints of unclassified technical publications to scientists in the USSR and its satellites. [Filed under LP Science: (Office of Naval Research: Correspondence, Contract Status Reports and Project Status Reports, 1947-1962), Box #14.031, Folder 31.2]
- Newspaper Clipping: "Antioch Slates Pauling Visit", Dayton (Ohio) Journal Herald, March 15, 1954. [Filed under LP Biographical: Box 6.006, Folder 6.47]
- Receipt of dues paid by LP to The International Society of Hematology: amount $3.00 [LP Biographical: Box 4.060, Folder 60.2]