Milton Harris (1908-1991), a 1926 graduate of Oregon Agricultural College, was a lifelong supporter of OSU who, in 1984, established the university's first fully-endowed professorship. In 1945, Harris founded his own research laboratory, which later became a subsidiary of the Gillette Company. A holder of 35 patents and a very active member of the scientific community, Harris also enjoyed a six-year term as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the American Chemical Society.
Milton Harris: A Biography
by Jon H. Georg. 1998. 4 pages.
22 linear feet; 39 boxes
The Milton Harris Papers are arranged into ten series. Within each series items have been organized in chronological order.
Harris's occasional communications with Linus Pauling are documented in the Ava Helen and Linus Pauling Papers, Correspondence file 152.2.