Student Internship Program
SCARC staff regularly supervise both undergraduate and graduate students interested in working as unpaid interns within the department. Internships can be designed for academic credit when requested and in collaboration with an intern's major professor. Internships are typically structured to last for one term, but may run longer depending on the project.
In addition to the internship project itself, SCARC interns are required to:
- Maintain an internship log, including in it the experiences and challenges that they encountered over the course of their project;
- Complete an internship assessment and self-evaluation;
- Write at least one blog post about their project, for publication on Speaking of History, the Oregon Multicultural Archives Blog or the Pauling Blog;
- Create a plan for next steps, if a project is not completed in the original scheduled duration of an internship.
OSU Libraries & Press seeks an undergraduate intern for Summer Term 2015 to assist in the processing and description of the James R. Sedell Collection. This is a paid position. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
Prospective interns should complete the SCARC Internship Application, which is available at the following locations:
- http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/internship-application.pdf (PDF)
- http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/internship-application.doc (Word)
Completed applications should be submitted to Tiah Edmunson-Morton, SCARC Student Internship Program Coordinator.