- Article: “Pauling Challenges Chemists”, [reprinted from Isotopics, December 1949] Southwest Retort, February 1950. [Filed under LP Biographical: Scrapbooks, 1946-1950: Box #6.005, Folder 5.53]
- Bill from Collis P. & Howard Huntington Memorial Hospital to AHP for $68.37. [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial: (Assorted Bills, Receipts and Invoices, 1945-1950.), Box #4.059, Folder #59.3]
- Bill from Jud R. Scholtz, M.D. and Craig Williamson, M.D. to LP for $40.00. Handwritten note by LP: “Pd - Feb 21. $8 for Linda.” [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial: (Assorted Bills, Receipts and Invoices, 1945-1950.), Box #4.059, Folder #59.3]
- Bill from the Apothecary Shop of the Thatcher Medical Building to LP for $0.88. [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial: (Assorted Bills, Receipts and Invoices, 1945-1950.), Box #4.059, Folder #59.3]
- Letter from LP to Frances Benner, American Chemical Society, RE: Thanks her for the tour schedule and encloses abstracts of the three talks he plans to deliver. [Letter from Benner to Local ACS Sections January 26, 1950, letter from LP to Benner February 17, 1950] [Filed under LP Science: (American Chemical Society: Correspondence, 1950-1964), Box #14.006, Folder #6.2]
- Letter from LP to Morrison RE: Thanks him for sending the manuscript. [Letter from Morrison to LP January 14, 1950] [Filed under LP Science: Box #7.001 Folder 1.8]
- Letter from LP to R.A. Wallace, Branch Manager, Adohr Milk Co. [Letter from Harrington to LP June 5, 1950] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (A: Correspondence, 1950), #12.16]
January 31, 1950
Mr. R. A. Wallace
Branch Manager, Adohr Milk Co.
800 South Arroyo Parkway
Dear Mr. Wallace:
I submit herewith my claim for damages for re-imbursement to the extent of $75.00 for our cocker spaniel dog which was killed on December 25, 1949, by being run over by your delivery truck, in the driveway on our property, just by the rear of our house at 3500 Fairpoint Street, Pasadena 8.
The dog was purchased as a 6-weeks old puppy from Mrs. Mary Burns, 368 Highland Avenue, Pasadena, in August, 1949, for the sum of $25.00. During his lifetime the sum of $23.00 was incurred for him as expenses at the McBride Animal Hospital, Foothill Extension, Pasadena. His value at the time when he was killed has been appraised at $75.00. I am accordingly requesting reimbursement in the sum of $75.00.
- Letter from LP to Saville R. Davis, American News Editor, The Christian Science Monitor, RE: Provides his comments on the draft questionnaire which will be sent to 200 or more scientists interested and informed in the field of nuclear energy. [Letter from LP to Davis January 19, 1950] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (D: Correspondence, 1950), #98.15]
- Memo from J.H. Sturdivant to LP RE: Asks to include in the budget a spectrophotometer, since it has been cut out before. [Letter from LP to DuBridge, cc: Sturdivant, February 1, 1950] [Filed under LP Biographical: Academia: (California Institute of Technology: Administrative Files, 1938-1971.), Box #1.030, Folder #30.2]