- Check from LP to Department of Motor Vehicles for $7.00. [Filed under LP Biographical: (Business and Financial: Bank Statements and Canceled Checks, December 1948-November 1950; 1960-1962), Box #4.019, Folder #19.2]
- Letter from Henry Allen Moe, John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation to LP RE: Notifies him that he has asked the treasurer to send him a check to reimburse his travel expenses so that he can come to the selection committee meeting. [Filed under LP Science: (John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation, 1946-1952), Box #14.014, Folder #14.5]
- Letter from John F. Ryan, Lawyers Defense Committee, to LP RE: Encloses a copy of a statement concerning attacks upon lawyers who defend members of political or racial minorities or labor organizations. Also includes a draft of the cover letter in which Albert Einstein agrees to sign the statement if other distinguished Americans join with him. Asks LP to act as an initiator of the statement by being one of the signers of the enclosed cover letter. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (L: Correspondence, 1950), #230.16]
- Letter from LP to the Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering RE: Notifies them that there will be a meeting of the professorial members of the staff on January 13th.
- Letter from Marshall Gates, Assistant Editor, Journal of the American Chemical Society, to LP RE: Encloses a manuscript entitled, “Sexadentate Metal Complexes. Part II. Magnetic Studies,” by F. P. Dwyer, F. Lions, and D. P. Mellor. Requests that LP send his comments about the manuscript and his opinion regarding its suitability for publication in their journal. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (Journal of the American Chemical Society), #191.1]
- Letter from President A. W. Trueman, University of New Brunswick, to LP RE: States that they are pleased that LP will be able to visit on February 6 and 7 and offers travel suggestions. Discusses their plans for LP, in particular, his addresses to the faculty and student body. [Filed under LP Speeches: 1950s.2]