- Letter from Dr. E.C. Kleiderer, Assistant Executive Director, Lilly Research Laboratories, to LP RE: States that he has made a reservation for LP and AHP for October 7 and 8 at the Indianapolis Athletic Club. [Letters from LP to Kleiderer September 19, 1947, September 24, 1947] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #111.4, file:(Eli Lilly and Company, 1946-1951, 1953-1956, 1964-1968, 1970-1972)]
- Letter from F. J. W. Roughton, Dept. of Colloid Science, to LP RE: Acknowledges LP's previous letter and states that if there are any dates LP could guarantee to be at the conference he should write immediately. Asks if LP could rework his France and Italy trips. [Letters from LP to Dr. F. J. W. Roughton September 9, 1947, October 8, 1947] [Filed under LP Correspondence: #336.8]
- Letter from L.P. Eisenhart to LP RE: Indicates that he has received the letter regarding the dedication of the Benjamin Franklin House however he has not received the two plaques referred to in the letter. Asks LP to prepare a statement concerning this function for the Yearbook. [Filed under: LP Speeches, 1947s.11]
- Letter from LP to Frank Aydelotte RE: Reports that he and AHP will be in Princeton from October 10th through the 12th for a meeting with the trustees of the Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists. Asks if they could stop by on Friday or Sunday evening. [Letter from Aydelotte to LP September 30, 1947] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #6.21, file:(Aydelotte, Frank, 1940-1956) and copy in #299.8 (Oxford University, [re: Eastman professorship and residency in Oxford] 1946-1948)]
- Letter from LP to W.H. Freeman, W. H. Freeman and Company. [Note from Freeman to LP September 20, 1947] [Filed under LP Correspondence: 439.5]
September 23, 1947
Mr. W. H. Freeman
549 Market Street
San Francisco 5, Calif.
You win the bet with Behnke. The only source of the rumor that I can think of is that some place a picture appeared of me with the identification as from the Institute for Advanced Study. I've forgotten where this picture appeared, and I do not know how the mistake occurred. Somebody had heard that Oppenheimer was to be the new director there, and has got me confused with him.
- Letter from W.H. Freeman, W. H. Freeman and Company to Roger Hayward cc: LP RE: Expects to have information for him about the illustrations for the Olson, Orlemann and Koch's Quantitative Analysis soon, explains the specific point of view they want the illustrations drawn from. [Filed under LP Correspondence: 439.5]
- Memorandum from W. A. Higinbotham, Federation of American Scientists, to Member Associations. Gives news of the Federation, encourages further use of the library at the national office. LP Peace: Box 3.018, Folder 18.1
- Note from Alfred L. Loomis to LP RE: Invites LP and AHP to stay with them while in New Haven to lecture. (Note under text: “Ans'd No”) [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #230.13, file:(L: Correspondence, 1947)]
- Note from Dr. Thomas Addis to LP RE: Agrees that October 21st would be a fine day for them to come to San Francisco and looks forward to seeing them. [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #2.2, file:(Addis, Thomas 1946-1947)]
- Writes cheque to "Gus Miller," $222.50. [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Finance, Box 4.018, Folder 18.2]