The Adolph Ziefle Photograph Collection consists of images assembled and made by Ziefle, primarily during his early years as the Dean of the School of Pharmacy at Oregon Agricultural College (OAC). Other images depict the North Dakota State College campus in the early 1910s, where Ziefle was head of the School of Pharmacy until his move to OAC.
Included in the collection are a number of photographs depicting various streams, bridges, and natural scenes as well as images pertaining to the School of Pharmacy, particularly of the 1919 and 1920 graduating class. Other images related to the School of Pharmacy depict the pharmacy building and Ziefle himself working in the laboratory. The collection also includes portraits of Ziefle and family photographs.
The collection includes professional photographs as well as snapshots. One of the portrait photographs was made by Ball Studio in Corvallis. Formats include 58 photographic prints, 12 nitrate negatives, and 2 glass negatives.
- Series 1: Photographs, circa 1890 - circa 1945 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.1: Prints Add to Shelf
- Item P076:02-P076:12: North Dakota State College, circa 1910 Add to Shelf
- Includes images of campus buildings and grounds and one image of a track event.
- Item P076:13: Woman riding bicycle on Oak Creek Bridge Add to Shelf
- Item P076:14: House on Jackson street with woman standing on porch Add to Shelf
- Item P076:15: Woman sitting on porch "reading Dolph's letter" Add to Shelf
- Item P076:16: Pharmacy building, circa 1930 Add to Shelf
- Item P076:17-P076:19: Snow scenes on Oregon Agricultural College campus, circa 1920 Add to Shelf
- Includes Benton Hall.
- Item P076:20: Willie Fehr, 1896 Add to Shelf
- Studio portrait photograph of Fehr holding a football. Photograph taken by a photographer in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and labeled "St. Cloud Normal, '96". Willie Fehr may have been Adolph Ziefle's wife's brother.
- Item P076:21-P076:32: Scenes of rivers, streams, and bridges Add to Shelf
- Prints and nitrate negatives are available for some images and only nitrate negatives for others. Several of the images include people (perhaps children?).
- Item P076:33: Ziefle in laboratory with test tube Add to Shelf
- Item P076:34: Ziefle with microscope Add to Shelf
- Extent: 4 postcard prints
- Item P076:35: Composite of pharmacy graduates, 1919 Add to Shelf
- Individuals in this composite photo include Laura Zeigler, Dr. J.W. Barcroft, James O. Foley, Katherine Waite, L.E. Scott, H.B. McWilliams, President W.J. Kerr, Dean Adolph Ziefle, Harold Stevenson, Guy A. Staiger, Paul Robinson, John Gillmore, Erwin P. Stone, Paul W. Jewell, and Clyde D. Horner.
- Item P076:36: Composite of pharmacy graduates with faculty, circa 1920 Add to Shelf
- Individuals pictured: F.A. Gilfillan, H.B. McWilliams, A.E. Douglas, M.O. Rawson, President W.J. Kerr, Dean Ziefle, M.C. Kaegl, W.W Gordon, P.W. Jewell, W.K. Belt, L. Resing, M.J. Root, B.A. Straw, D.E. Rackleff, E.E. Grubbe, O.L. Ireland, L.C. Kramien, M.A. Thomas, F. Fish, C.F. Cathey, M.V. Holmes, V.H. Haller, W.W. Parsons, V.L. Staats, O.M. Lemmon, E.T. Moon, L.C. Wright, J.A. Pargell, C.O. Hatfield, S.A. Thompson, E.A. Graham, and G. Staiger.
- Item P076:37: Ziefle standing between two women Add to Shelf
- Item P076:38: Ziefle in laboratory Add to Shelf
- Item P076:39: Ziefle outdoors in winter Add to Shelf
- Probably not at Oregon Agricultural College.
- Item P076:40-P076:42: Ziefle posing in his laboratory, circa 1910 Add to Shelf
- Self portraits made by Ziefle that he sent to his wife, Crescence Fehr, with notes to her on the back.
- Item P076:43-P076:54: Portrait photographs of Ziefle, circa 1900 - circa 1945 Add to Shelf
- Several of the portraits were made by a photographer in Ann Arbor, Michigan; one of thie images was made by Ball Studio in Corvallis. There is no image numbered P076:47.
- Item P076:55: Ziefle in laboratory with two unidentified men, circa 1910 Add to Shelf
- Item P076:56-P076:57: Group posing on the steps of a building, circa 1940 Add to Shelf
- Ziefle pictured front row right.
- Box-Folder 2.1: Glass copy negatives Add to Shelf
- Item P076:01: Ziefle family, circa 1890 Add to Shelf
- This family portrait includes mother and father, one girl and 3 boys. It is probably Ziefle's family. These images are copy negatives of a family portrait print.
- Extent: 2 5x7 glass copy negatives
- Box-Folder 3.1: Nitrate negatives Add to Shelf
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">P076:21 nitrate negative</span>
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">P076:22-P076:26 nitrate negatives</span>
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">P076:27-P076:32 nitrate negatives</span>