The Science Research Institute was established at Oregon State College in 1952 to "preserve and encourage the individual initiative of productive research in the science faculty, to intensify research activities, to encourage research grants, and to promote teamwork in research among the staff members in the different fields of science." These records document the activities of the institute and the research activities of institute director Vernon Cheldelin.
10 microfilm reels
These records are organized into 2 series: General Correspondence and Vernon H. Cheldelin Files. Series is 1 arranged alphabetically by year.
Other materials pertaining to the Science Research Institute are available in the Memorabilia Collection.