Financial aid became available for OSU students in 1911 when the student loan fund was established. In 1918 the loan fund, valued at $15,000, was incorporated. Early chairs of the fund included W. M. Atwood (1918-1948) and William Langan (1948-1966). The Bernard Daly Educational Fund was established in 1922 to provide scholarships to students from Lake County. In 1966 a financial aid committee was established and a centralized financial aid office was created. Richard Pahre was the first director.
Return to Financial Aid Office Records Home