- Airline Ticket: Air France, Oslo to New York [Filed under LP Travel, Box #1.003, Folder 3.1]
- Hotel Confirmation: Hotel Biltmore, New York, New York. [Filed under LP Speeches: (Speeches by LP, 1961) Box # 1961s Folder #1961s.21]
- Hotel bill: The Biltmore, New York City [Filed under LP Travel, Box #1.003, Folder 3.1]
- Itinerary: LP and AHP leave Oslo at 12:25 PM, arrive in New York at 5:30 PM; reservation at the Biltmore Hotel [Filed under LP Travel, Box #1.003, Folder 3.1]
- Letter from AHP to Peter Pauling. [Filed under LP Biographical: (Family Correspondence: Peter Jeffress Pauling), Box #5.044, Folder #44.2]
11 May, Oslo
Our conference is over and we have had a few days seeing academic friends (that looks funny but you know what I mean!) We leave today for New York - a big Carnegie Hall meeting tomorrow and we'll go on to Pasadena Sunday or Monday.
We are exhausted but fairly content with the results of the conference. They are just this moment taking down the big flag poles in front of the Storting where the NATO was held - NATO flags. The 50 star USA flag did, I must say, look beautiful waving in the spring winds. All the flags looked fine. I see why there must be a flag.
It seems odd not to be coming to see you and Julia and Thomas and Sarah, whom we should like so much to see. Bad planning on our part. We are not going to Geneva either.
Love to you
- Letter from Robert F. Bacher to Professors Bohnenblust, Brown, Lindvall, Owen, and LP RE: Asks if the committee members approve of the proposed change and asks them to call Mrs. Horne to let her know if they approve. Handwritten note indicates LP answered that he approved. [Filed under LP Biographical: (CIT: Materials re: Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, 1956-1964), Box #1.022, Folder #22.2]
- Memorandum from N. Lacey to Faculty Committee on Academic Freedom & Tenure RE: Proposes a small change in wording to a statement on Academic Tenure in Policies and Procedures to avoid confusion. Asks if the committee approves the addition. [Filed under LP Biographical: (California Institute of Technology: Administrative Files, 1922-1968), Box #1.029, Folder #29.6]
- Note from Michio Hayashi to LP RE: Explains that he is a medical student studying LP’s text, General Chemistry. Inquires about an apparent error or discrepancy in the weight of an electron given in the text. [Letter from LP to Hayashi July 25, 1961] [Filed under LP Books: 1953b2.1]
- Receipt from First Western Bank to LP RE: “Receipt Portion.” For a deposit. $443.28. [Envelope 1961] [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial: Box #4.030, Folder #30.1]
- Telegram from Hideki and Sumi Yukawa to LP, RE: The Yukawas wish LP further success in his work to stop the spread of nuclear weapons. [Filed under LP Peace: (Oslo Conference Against the Spread of Nuclear Weapons, May 2-7, 1961), Box #2.004, Folder #4.4]