- Letter from Dr. E.J. Crane, Editor, Chemical Abstracts, to LP RE: Thanks him for his presence at the Abstractors' Luncheon in Atlantic City on September 20th. [Letter from LP to Crane September 30, 1949] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #70.2, file:(Chemical Abstracts, 1948-1956)]
- Letter from Dr. S. K. Sarkar to LP. Dr Sarkar thanks LP for serving on the Board of Examiners for a doctoral dissertation titled “Some Aspects of the Electrochemistry of the Micas and other Layer-lattice Silicates in relation to their Lattice Structures.” He asks that LP send acknowledgment of the thesis when it is received. [Reply to LP April 14, 1949]
- Letter from Dr. Werner Nowacki to LP RE: Requests permission to publish drawings by Dr's Corey, Shoemaker, Donahue, and Prof. Schomaker, as well as some by LP in a textbook on Fourier synthesis. Requests permission to discuss research methods use at Cal Tech as well. (Note in left margin: “Dr. Corey: Is this all right? LP”) [Memo from Corey to LP October 12, 1949, letter from LP to Nowacki November 29, 1949] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #277.15, file:(Nowacki, Werner)]
- Letter from Jack J. Bulloff, Champlain College, to Sidney M. Edelstien, Division of History of Chemistry. RE; Believes that the division can only grow in importance by neglecting is present pettiness. Discusses how to make the division better.
- Letter from LP to David C. Crockett, Massachusetts General Hospital RE: LP is reserving 12-2 and December 3, 1949 for the Hospital Scientific Advisory Committee meeting. [Crockett's telegram September 12, 1949] [Filed under LP Science: Massachusetts General Hospital - Scientific Advisory Committee, 1949-1957: Box #15.008 Folder #8.1]
- Letter from SK Sarkar to LP RE: Thanks LP for agreeing to act as a member of the Board of Examiners and sends a copy of the thesis called “Some Aspects of the Electrochemistry of the Micas and other Layer-lattice Silicates in relation to their Lattice Structures” [Letter from LP to SK Sarkar April 14, 1949] [Letter from LP to Registrar, University of Delhi -general] [LP Biographical CIT: Materials re: Teaching and Advising of Graduate Students by Linus Pauling, 1935-1963: Box #1.016, Folder 16.2]
- Letter from Wm. K. Graham, Jr., Chief, Security Branch, United States Atomic Energy Commission, to Mrs. Beatrice Wulf, RE: Confirms the conversation between Wulf and Mr. W. T. Limbaugh and requests the key to the Consultants' File Room be given to Mrs. Catherine Schlinger for duplication. Handwritten at the bottom: “10-12-49; Received key to Room 016. Katherine Schlinger.” [Filed under LP Correspondence: #340.14]
- Newspaper Clipping: “Second Thoughts on Atom”, San Diego Journal, September 27, 1949. [Filed under LP Scrapbooks, 1946-1950: Box #6.005, Folder 5.44]