- Letter from B. H. Sage to EC Barrett RE: Includes references in support of the agreement between CIT and the Texaco Development Corporation. Requests opinion of the Administration of CIT before taking any further action. [Filed under California Institute of Technology: Research-related materials, 1944-1956: Box #1.028, Folder 28.2]
- Letter from B. H. Sage to W. N. Lacey RE: Discusses the space issues around the labs, stating that additional space may be required. Requests meeting to meet with Mr. Lacey to discuss.
- Letter from LP to Dr. E. J. Rausch, Fullerton Manufacturing Company, cc: Frank Schweitzer, Jr. [Letters from Rausch to LP May 11, 1945, July 14, 1945; note from Emerson to LP July 5, 1945; letter from Schweitzer to LP July 5, 1945] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #128.11, file:(F: Correspondence, 1945)]
July 10, 1945
Dr. E. J. Rausch
Fullerton Manufacturing Company
Dear Dr. Rausch
I regret that there has been delay in answering your letter of May 11, regarding a laboratory for research work on U.S. grown crude rubbers for a special application. The delay has been due to my desire to consult with Professor Robert Emerson of the Biology Department of this Institute, who has had experience along these lines; my consultation with Dr. Emerson was delayed for over a month by his absence from Pasadena.
Dr. Emerson has reported to me that the U.U. Rubber Company has a development department with laboratory facilities on Anaheim-Telegraph Road just east of Atlantic Boulevard. This department is under the direction of Mr. Virgil Bodle, who is interested in new developments, and who has been found to be very cooperative by Dr. Emerson. They have a stock of several kinds of synthetic rubber, as well as Hevea rubber, and guayule rubber both from Mexico and from California. Mr. Bodle's telephone is Angelus 1-2121, Extension 333.
We do not have available at the California Institute of Technology facilities for carrying on work of this sort, and I have no other suggestion to make to you than to get in touch with Mr. Bodle.
cc: Mr. Frank Schweitzer, Jr.
- Letter from LP to Dr. Warren C. Lothrop, Office of Scientific Research and Development. Submits a proposed budget for their Division 15 contract to cover the extension to December 31, 1945 and to permit making a subcontract with Stanford University for work to be done by Professor G.W. Beadle. Informs them that he plans to go to Stanford in a few weeks to talk to Dr. Beadler and Mr. H.T. Mitchell. LP Safe: Drawer 2, Folder 2.010
- Letter from Margaret Griffin to LP RE: Requests that he review “Theory of X-Ray Diffraction in Crystals” by W.H. Zachariasen for the October Special Book Review Issue of The Review of Scientific Instruments. [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #10.5, file:(American Institute of Physics, 1938-1990)]