- AHP writes cheque to "Market Basket," $5.00. [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial, Box 4.015, Folder 3]
- AHP writes cheque to "Sears Roebuck," $5.34. [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial, Box 4.015, Folder 3]
- Copy of a letter from Prof. Herbert L. Harned, Department of Chemistry, Yale University, to Prof. W. A. Noyes, University of Illinois, RE: Sends a manuscript he wished to publish in the ACS monograph series. [Letter from Noyes to LP October 9, 1940] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #279.4, file:(Noyes, W. A. 1938-1941)]
- Letter from Judith Rooke, Secretary to Mr. Robert Caswell RE: States he forgot to turn in his keys when he left the laboratory. Note on side: ‘Received 10/12/40. Sent money - 1.50 10/17/40. JR.” [Filed under LP Biographical: (CIT: Materials re: Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, 1915-1944), Box #1.019, Folder #19.7]
- Letter from LP to AHP. [Filed under LP Safe: Box #1.014, Folder #14.19]
Oct. 7, 1940
The Pullman conductor said that he would find out whether I should transfer at Barstow or S.B.
[Line drawn and then arrow drawn from the following to the above]
The P.C. says the tr. C. told him to say this
[written after the line]
I spoke with both the Pullman conductor & the train conductor before reaching Needles about transferring to No. 7. They said they would tell me. Shortly after leaving Needles No 7 passed us. The train conductor said I hadnt [sic] been transferred because they thought the ride across the desert in No 7 would be too hot & dusty for me.
- Offprint: Agreement, between the California Institute of Technology and LP. [Filed under LP Safe: Drawer 1, Folder 1.031]