The Forestry Media Center was established in 1963 to assist in instructional design and media production for the School of Forestry at Oregon State University. In addition to the School (and later College) of Forestry, the Media Center has worked with other OSU units, such as the OSU Extension Service; federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, the Natural Resources Conservation Service, the U.S. Agency for International Development (AID), and the Oregon Forest Resources Institute (OFRI); and private industry. The Center's activities during the 1960s and 1970s were focussed on the development of synchronized slide programs. The Center has transitioned to the production of web-based media, digital video, and interactive websites.
Walter Fraser (W.F.) McCulloch joined the faculty of the Oregon State College School of Forestry in 1937. He left Oregon State briefly during World War II and returned in 1945 as head of the Department of Forest Management. McCulloch served as Acting Dean of Forestry in 1952-1953 and as Dean from 1955 until 1966.
Return to Forestry Media Center Slide Collection Home