Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

4-H Photograph Collection, 1913-1988

Benton County 4-H Wool Show grand champion, 1944.

Information and Credits

P 146

The 4-H Photograph Collection documents Oregon 4-H programs, projects, and participants in agriculture, home economics, natural science, and recreational activities. The 4-H youth program is administered through the Oregon State University Extension Service and was established in the early 1910s.

Historical Note 

Scope and Content Note

Quantity

6 cubic feet, including 9,600 photographs; 19 boxes, including 2 oversize boxes, and 1 map folder

Arrangement

About a third of the images have been individually numbered; the remainder have not been assigned individual numbers and are grouped by topic. The preliminary container list presents the numbered images followed by those arranged by topic.

Related Papers

The Extension Service Records (RG 111) include the administrative records for the Oregon 4-H programs. Other photographs of 4-H activities and participants are available in the Extension Bulletin Illustrations Photograph Collection (P 020), the Extension and Experiment Station Communications Photographs (P 120), and Harriet's Collection. 4-H moving images are in the 4-H Motion Picture Films (FV P 146) and the Extension and Experiment Station Communications Moving Images (FV P 120).

The Archives holdings include many collections of organizations and individuals individuals affiliated with 4-H including the Oregon State University Extension Association/4-H (OSUEA/4-H), OSU Collegiate 4-H Club, Malheur County 4-H Leaders' Council, and Clackamas County Jersey Cattle Club as well as James F. Bishop, Helen Cowgill, Wallace L. Kadderly, and Buena Maris Mockmore.

More Information