Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Wilson, E. E., Photographic Collection, ca. 1855-1960

Scope and Content Note

This personal collection of photographs assembled by E. E. Wilson includes images of Wilson, his family, and his friends; the Oregon Agricultural College campus and buildings; OAC students and activities; the Corvallis College building on 5th Street; Corvallis homes and businesses, including the Carriage Factory and the Opera House; the Panama Pacific Exposition in San Francisco (1915); wildlife and animals; camping trips, hunts, and hikes in the mountains and at the Oregon Coast; and Native Americans (Siletz). Many different photographers are represented. Some of the 1890s images of Oregon Agricultural College were taken by John Fulton; there are portraits from many different studios in Corvallis (including L. Goldson and W. S. Gardner), Albany, Portland and outside Oregon.

This collection includes a variety of forms, but consists predominantly of b/w prints, many of which have accompanying original negatives. The negatives are all either glass or nitrate-based. The glass negatives include 315 4x5 plates, 161 5x7 plates, and 6 5x8 plates. Other notable formats include several ambrotypes, daguerrotypes, tintypes, and cyanotypes. Many of the prints are mounted.


Return to Wilson, E. E., Photographic Collection Home