Alumnus E. E. (Eddy Elbridge) Wilson was born in Corvallis in 1869 and lived there until his death in 1961. He attended Oregon Agricultural College and graduated in 1889 with the first class from the new campus. He received a law degree from the University of Oregon in 1893 and practiced law in Corvallis from then until 1925, when he became President of the First National Bank of Corvallis.
Wilson served on the Oregon Agricultural College Board of Regents for 2 terms, 1906-1915 and 1925-1929, and was treasurer of the Memorial Union Board of Governors from its founding in 1925 until his death in 1961. He was a pioneer in game preservation and member of the State Game Commission for 14 years. Wilson was an only child and never married. Wilson Hall on the OSU campus and the E. E. Wilson Wildlife Refuge north of Corvallis bear his name.
Return to Wilson, E. E., Photographic Collection Home