Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

News and Communication Services Photograph Collection, 1949-1999

Historical Note

A Department of Information was established at Oregon State College in the 1950s to provide news about the College to off-campus media. It became the Department of News and Communication Services in 1991, the purpose of which was to foster closer ties with the newspapers, wire services, radio and television stations, and professional publications of the state, region, and nation.


Return to News and Communication Services Photograph Collection Home