The Oregon Native American Language Sound Recordings were made by Joe E. Pierce during his study of Native American languages in Oregon and include interviews with members of the Coquille and Siletz tribes.
0.5 cubic foot, including 57 audiotapes; 3 boxes
The materials described in this collection have been arranged into two series. An alphabetical view of the interviewees whose recordings are held in this collection is as follows:
- Bensell, Ida (11 interviews, 1962-1964)
- Brown, Amelia (18 interviews, 1962)
- Collins, Miller (1 interview, September 1962)
- Lopez, Sam (Mr. and Mrs.) (2 interviews, 1962)
- Simmons, Hoxy (1 interview, September 1962)
- Streets, Carrie (1 interview, 1962)
This collection is a component of the Oregon Multicultural Archives, which documents the lives and activities of African American, Asian American, Latino and Native American communities of Oregon.