The Mike Club was established by the Speech Department at Oregon State College in 1948. The club was responsible for a half-hour radio program that originated at the KOAC radio station and was re-broadcast by KEX in Portland. In 1955-1956, the club created a recording, Oregon State's Year in Sound, that was distributed as part of the 1956 Beaver yearbook and is available online. When closed-circuit television came to the Oregon State campus in 1955, the club became the Telemike Club and presented its first television drama in 1958.
The organization was referred to as the Mike Club, Microphone Club, and Telemike Club.
Return to Mike Club Scrapbook and Sound Recordings Home