Description: Reed Lodge, 1954. After a costly fire in 1953, Hudson and Central Halls (wartime structures that had been serving as men's dormitories) were razed and replaced by two new structures, Reed and Heckart Lodges. Students managed these cooperative men's dormitories and paid the college a fixed rental fee. Reed Lodge became a women's cooperative in 1976.
Source: Gwil Evans Photographic Collection (P 082)
Return to Living Groups Index Home