Elmer Gustaf (Al) Larson enrolled at Oregon Agricultural College in 1924 and attended through spring 1926; he returned in fall 1927 until June 1930, when he earned a BS degree in mechanical engineering. Larson was a member of the Sigma Pi fraternity and was involved in the honor societies for mechanical engineering and forensics. After graduation, Larson settled in Portland, where he established the Blue Bus Company which provided mass transit service to and within the Portland suburbs. In 1970, Tri-Met acquired the company. Larson was born November 24, 1906 in Astoria, Oregon, and graduated from North Bend, Oregon, High School in 1924. Larson died in San Diego, California, in August 1987.
Return to Elmer G. Larson Papers Home