Franklin Ross Brown attended Oregon Agricultural College (OAC) in 1907-1910 and earned a BS in Agriculture in 1910. From June 1910 until March 1911, Brown was foreman of the college orchard and an instructor in horticulture. He also worked at OAC as a field assistant in horticulture research with the Agricultural Experiment Station from November 1911 until July 1915, specializing in prunes and orchard heating. Brown served as County Agriculturist for the Extension Service in Morrow County in the late 1910s. In 1925, Brown was employed by Kerr-Gifford in Heppner, Oregon; he later became a businessman in Albany, Oregon.
Brown was active in the Oregon Wildlife Federation and the National Wildlife Federation in the 1950s and 1960s and served as President of the Oregon Wildlife Federation and Vice President of the National Wildlife Federation.
Brown was born in Tilden, Nebraska on September 20, 1885 and attended Nebraska Wesleyan University before enrolling at Oregon Agricultural College (OAC). When he enrolled at OAC, he was a resident of Camas, Washington. He married Ella Foster in 1911 and they had five children, Duane Foster, Donna, Veryl, Meridee, and Curwin Norris. Brown died on July 16, 1964.
Return to F. Ross Brown Papers Home