Troop 1 of the Boy Scouts of America was established in Corvallis, Oregon, in 1919 and sponsored by Congregational Church of Corvallis. The Troop built a cabin in 1935-1936 for meetings and events.
Delmer Goode founded the troop and was its first Scoutmaster from 1919 to 1930. Goode began his career at Oregon Agricultural College (now Oregon State University) in 1919 as assistant college editor and served as Director of University Publications from 1943 to 1956. In the early 1970s, the Delmer Morrison Goode Collection on Higher Education was established in the Kerr Library with funds donated by alumni of Troop 1. In 1922, Goode established an alumni group for the troop, which supported the continued activities of the troop and returned to Corvallis for frequent anniversary celebrations, including major events for the 50th anniversary in 1969 and the 75th in 1994.
Carl Merryman joined the troop in 1922, served as Scoutmaster, and was an active member and officer of the troop's alumni organization. Merryman graduated from Oregon State College in 1934.
Return to Boy Scouts of America Troop 1 (Corvallis, Or.) Records Home