Born in North Dakota in 1915, Arthur W. Anderson received his Ph. D at OSU in 1952 and began to teach here as an Assistant Professor of Microbiology a year later. Specializing in the instruction of microbiology, microbial biochemistry and industrial microbiology, Anderson retired as a full Professor in 1980. After retirement, Anderson worked as a freelance food industry consultant and researcher. Anderson's emphases in research were: pathogenic and toxigenic food microorganisms and single cell protein and enymes from straw, dairy, cannery, lumber hardboard, and paper waste.
Return to Arthur W. Anderson Papers Home