- Announcement: "Nobel Prize Winner to Address Unitarian Men's Club," Los Angeles, June 8, 1959. [Filed under LP Biographical: (LP Scrapbooks, 1956-1960), Box #6.007, Folder #7.316]
- Check from LP to Crellin Pauling for $1,000.00. [Filed under LP Biographical: (Business and Financial: Bank Statements and Canceled Checks, December 1957-December 1959), Box #4.025, Folder #25.2]
- Itinerary [handwritten]: Portland First Unitarian Church; Laymen's League luncheon [Filed under LP Travel: Box #1.002, Folder 2.5]
- Itinerary: leave Portland at 5:10 PM, arrive in Los Angeles at 10:35 PM; leave Los Angeles at 11:55 PM, arrive in Copenhagen June 10 at 5:15 AM [Filed under LP Travel: Box #1.002, Folder 2.5]
- Letter from Alois Stoff, Internationale der Driegsdienstgegner, to LP RE: Written in German. Encloses LP's airplane tickets from London to Bremen. Outlines LP's itinerary for his upcoming visit to Germany. [Letter from Stoff to LP March 17, 1959, Letter from Stoff to LP June 11, 1959] [Filed under LP Speeches: 1959s2.3]
- Letter from Dr. James Paul Wesley to Dean D. M. Morandini, University of Unified Knowledge RE: Says LP wrote to him about becoming affiliated with the university, says he has completed three papers on a quantum mechanics idea that distracted him, so he can back to his project of last fall, says the place he is does not provide the sort of atmosphere for his work, and says it would give him great pleasure to be associated with the University. Gives dates they could meet and encloses a request for a grant. [Attached: "Application for a Grant" from Dr. James Paul Wesley] [Letter from Morandini to LP June 7, 1959] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (California Institute for Advanced Study, 1959-1961), #69.2]
- Letter from Dr. Roland K. Robins, Associate Professor of Chemistry, to Dr. Robert B. Corey, CIT, cc: LP, RE: Expresses excitement about Dr. Hoogsteen's discovery regarding hydrogen bonding in nucleic acids, and will be happy to synthesize the needed compounds for further research. Asks for $1000 to purchase the needed chemicals, to cover the wages of personnel, etc. [Letter from Corey to Robins June 3, 1959, Letter from Corey to Robins June 10, 1959] [Filed under LP Science: (The National Foundation, 1958-1962), Box #14.024, Folder 24.1]
- Letter from I. M. Glynn, Physiological Laboratory Cambridge, to LP RE: Sends a copy of the Biophysics Conference program. Inquires whether LP wants accommodation at Selwyn College. [Letter from Harris to Glynn June 12, 1959] [Filed under LP Speeches: 1959s2.4]
- Letter from John T. Gentry, State of New York Department of Health, to LP. RE: Thanks him for his note. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (G: Correspondence, 1960) Box #141 Folder 141.4]
- Letter from LP to Peter Pauling. [Filed under LP Biographical: Box #5.043, Folder #43.3]
8 June 1959
Would you please send in a check for twelve-months subscription to Nature at 7.15 in the enclosed envelope.
Mommie and I are looking forward to seeing you.
Dictated by Dr. Pauling
Signed in his absence: jh
P.S. Dr. Pauling had also asked me to send you the enclosed letter with the request that you send the letter and a check to BM Stationery Office, and he will pay you back. The amount of the check is 1.17.6d.
- Newspaper Clipping: "Dr. Linus Pauling terms Adm. Strauss 'too immoral,'" Portland Oregonian, June 8, 1959. [Filed under LP Biographical: (LP Scrapbooks, 1956-1960), Box #6.007, Folder #7.315]
- Newspaper Clipping: "Reader offers comment on peace advertisement," Chico (California) E.R., June 8, 1959. [Filed under LP Biographical: (LP Scrapbooks, 1956-1960), Box #6.007, Folder #7.312]