- Letter from Edward Murrow, Vice-President, CBS, to LP RE: Informs him that the documentary on atomic energy, “The Sunny Side of the Atom,” in which Cal Tech participated, will be aired on June 30th at 9:00 p.m. [Letters from Ashton to LP April 3, 1947, from LP to Murrow August 6, 1947] [Filed under LP Correspondence Box: #70, file:(Columbia Broadcasting System, Inc., 1947, 1957, 1964-1965, 1975, 1981)]
- Letter from Lawrence Lachat, Head, Biochemical Sales Research, Armour and Company to LP RE: Asks to know if LP had any problems with some substandard sample of crystallized bovine albumin they provided him with some time ago. (Note in pencil in top margin: “Dr. Campbell”, Notes in shorthand in bottom margin.) [Letter from LP's secretary to Lachat July 2, 1947] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #12.13, file:(A: Correspondence, 1947)]
- Letter from Mary E. Ray, Secretary, Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, to Lillian F. Marcus. Thanks her for her donation and support of the committee, and her information regarding the recent meeting in New Orleans. Agrees that it was unfortunate that Representative Boggs speech weakened the presentation of the scientists. [Letter from Marcus to Einstein, June 20, 1947].
- Note from Dr. Jules Duchesne, Institut d'Astrophysique, Université de Liège, to Beatrice Wulf, Secretary to LP, RE: Responds that they will be glad to receive LP's contribution in August. Adds that the memorial volume will be entitled “Contribution à l'étude de la structure moléculaire, dédiée à la mémoire de Victor Henri,” and that each author's submission will be published in his language. Regrets that unfortunately they had to cancel the memorial meeting itself due to lack of funds. [Letters from Wulf to Duchesne June 12, 1947, from Duchesne to LP June 28, 1947] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #98.12, file:(D: Correspondence, 1947)]
- Note from Orfeo Angelucci to LP RE: Asks to be billed for reprints of articles he requested when he visited the Cal Tech labs in February. [Letter from Secretary, Dept. of Chemistry to Angelucci August 4, 1947] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #12.13, file:(A: Correspondence, 1947)]