- Letter from George G. Wright to Dr. Warren C. Lothrop, Office of Scientific Research and Development. Encloses the addendum report on LC 1. Asks if Mr. Richter could examine the samples of the papers which were satisfactory and tell them a way to distinguish them in the field. Also encloses a copy of the original report on the method. Discusses the results of Pierce's work, which they feel aren't as bad as they seem. Notes that they will try out some similar screeds and asks how many papers they should study. Handwritten note: "RECEIPT filed with report receipts." LP Safe: Drawer 3, Folder 3.016
- Letter from LP to AHP. [Filed under LP Safe: Box #1.017, Folder #17.25]
11 PM, Saturday, April 14, 1945
I arrived in Washington at eight this evening; and at 10 I stood, with hundreds of thousands of other people, and saw the body of the President being borne in a solemn procession on the way to its final resting place.
Dr. Gibson brought me in his car from Cumberland - a beautiful three-hour drive through the mountains, green and colorful with spring flowers, and over the Ridge. The beautiful buildings of Washington are especially striking.
I love you.
- Letter from S. S. Prentiss, Technical Aide, National Defense Research Committee, to LP. RE: Plans on making a visit to California in the near future, and would like to see LP. Hopes to be there in the beginning of May. [Filed under LP Science: Scientific War Work - Materials re: the Pauling Oxygen Meter, 1940-1947: Box #13.001 Folder #1.1]
- Note from Dr. Thomas Addis to LP RE: Asks LP for his confidential opinion on the best choice of men from American Universities to include in an exchange program with Russia (through the Council of Soviet Friendship) after the war. Specifically asks for his opinions on W.L. Adams, C.D. Anderson and B. Gutenberg. [Letter from LP to Dr. Addis April 30, 1945] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #2.1, file:(Addis, Thomas 1940-1945)]
- Writes cheque to “Mira Loma H2O Co” $1.81 [LP Biographical: Business and Financial 4.073, folder 73.2]
- Writes cheque to “S. Counties Gas Co” $25.71 [LP Biographical: Business and Financial 4.073, folder 73.2]