Bower, Ray, January 30, 1947.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
« previous page | next page » |
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON COLLEGE OF ARTS AND LETTERS EUGENE, OREGON DEPARTMENT OF ROMANCE LANGUAGES
Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists 90 Nassau Street Princeton, N.J.
Dear Friends:- I have received your letters and enclosed pamphlet on which you apparently say, "We scientists have got the world into such a terrible mess that it threatens the immediate destruction of us all. Wont you please send money to help avert this disaster?" You condemn the United States government for using a bomb that was too terrible to use and yet you invented it to be used. Are you not far more to be condemned and [illegible] [illegible] you have given a greater moral example to the world by refusing to invent this terrible weapon of destruction then [illegible] our officials in refusing to use it? This is true even though you knew that Russia or Germany would invent it if you did not .The moral
You don't have permission to discuss this page.