Schroeder, Jennette, May 2, 1948.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
« previous page | next page » |
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
20 Rickford Drive Rochester 10, N.Y. May 2, 1948
Mr. Albert Einstein, Chairman Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, Inc. 118 Nassau Street Princeton, N.J.
Dear Mr. Einstein,
Thank you very much for your letter and the copy of your committee's statement on "A Policy for Survival." As a Christian, I believe that the use of energies and material resources in armies and armaments is wrong in itself, and, further, deflects energies and materials from the important objective, which is the attainment of brotherly relationships among all peoples. I would like to say, also, that I recognize my responsibility, through
You don't have permission to discuss this page.