Townsend, Atwood H., May 24, 1946.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Atwood H. Townsend 425 East 86th Street New York 28
May 24, 1946
Dear Dr. Einstein
the story in today's Herald Tribune about the Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists impels the enclosed check, much smaller than I wish I could make it. I also enclose a letter recently received from a young cousin of mine who worked on one of the Atomic research projects at Princeton. Possibly you could make use of an extract from it. I teach at New York University, but I have had a good deal of experience with publicity, promotion, and financial campaigns for various good causes. If I could help in any way, please let me know. Cordially Atwood H. Townsend
You don't have permission to discuss this page.