Tipple, Esther Watson, March 1, 1948.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
« previous page | next page » |
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
MAR 2 RECD
36 Irving St. Cambridge 38, Mass. March 1, 1948
Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, Princeton, N.J.
On Saturday I sent the following letter to my Congressman. I had already, some weeks ago, sent him clippings from the U.S. News showing graphically the amount of money being spent on atomic bombs and had said that I consider that we could not afford to spend taxpayers' money thus. Here is my letter:
"Hon. Henderson Lanham 7th District, Georgia Suite 120, House Office Bldg. Washington, D.C. Feb 28, 1948 Dear Mr. Lanham,
As a citizen of Floyd County, Rome, Georgia, of the United States
You don't have permission to discuss this page.