Skeel, Mrs. Roswell Jr., September 15, 1947
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
September 15, 1947 Mr. Albert Einstein, Chairman Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists Room 28 - 90 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey
Dear Mr. Einstein:
It gives me pleasure to acknowledge the letter of Miss Mary E. Ray, secretary, announcing that you have sent me a book explaining the atom, which has arrived today.
Pray accept my thanks for this gift, which I hope I shall be able to understand when an affection in my eyes for the last four months will, I hope, have passed away.
With sincere appreciation of your courtesy Truly yours, Mrs. Roswell Skeel ,Jr.
Easter House Harriman, Orange County New York
You don't have permission to discuss this page.