Pepper, Elizabeth K., March 17, 1947.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
MAR 19 RECD
Parents Association P. S. 96 WARING AND OLINVILLE AVENUES BRONX, NEW YORK
March 17th, 1947.
Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, c/o A. Einstein Nassau Place, Princeton, N.J.
Dear Mr. Einstein:-
We are enclosing our check for $24.77 which was raised by our Parents' Association. Though it is a small amount we hope you accept it as a token of our deep appreciation and great interest in the work you are doing. We wish you all the success in convincing the people of the world that atomic energy used for destructive purposes means the end of our world, while its use for constructive purposes means the beginning of an era of human happiness.and progress.
Very sincerely yours, Parents Association P. S. 96 Elizabeth K. Pepper Corresponding Sec'y.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.