Rosenfeld, Edward L., May 24, 1946
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
EDWARD L. ROSENFELD 13600 SHAKER BOULEVARD CLEVELAND 20. OHIO
May 24, 1946.
Professor Albert Einstein, Chairman Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists Princeton, N. J.
Dear Professor Einstein:
I wrote you yesterday morning enclosing my personal check for onehundred dollars in response to your telegram and put the telegram in my pocket. At lunch time I showed the telegram to one of my lunch group and it went around the table with the enclosed result - a check from J.S. Newman for ten dollars (it was he who started the ball rolling) and my check for sixty dollars representing ten dollars in currency from six others. It was the telegram and not I that did the trick. If you wish to acknowledge this you might address the acknowledgement to "The Tavern Group" care of me at the above address.
Sincerely yours, Edward L. Rosenfeld
You don't have permission to discuss this page.