Raushenbeush, Elizabeth B., May 24, 1946
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
2228 Hillington Green Madison 5, Wisconsin may 24, 1946
Professor Albert Einstein, Princeton, New Jersey
Dear Professor Einstein, I enclose a small check for the Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists. I surely want to help the Scientists in their terrifying educational job. I should like to ask if they are working for a specific program - namely the Acheson Report and the McMahon bill. So far as I know these are the best programs we have at present - inadequate though they may be - and I would suggest that you specify them as your immediate objectives. People like to have something definite to support.
Very sincerely yours, Elizabeth Brandeis Raushenbush
You don't have permission to discuss this page.