Jahncke, Paul F., March 13, 1947
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Paul F. Jahncke New Orleans March 13, 1947
Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, Inc. Room 28 90 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey
Gentlemen: This acknowledges receipt of letter from Mr. Albert Einstein and his brochure "Only Then Shall We Find Courrage" and "Is Einstein Right?" by Christian Gauss.
Please be assured that I have read and re-read, with much interest, these two articles, and I only wish that I could contribute more substantially to this most worthy objective. Unfortunately at this moment I am not in a position to do so, but I do beg of you to accept the enclosed check for $5.00. Respectfully, [signature] Paul F. Jahncke
You don't have permission to discuss this page.