Hutchinson, William J., January 31, 1947.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
1737 Cambridge St. Cambridge 38, Mass January 31, 1947
Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists 90 Nassau St. Princeton, New Jersey
I think that your Committee would be interested in hearing of the favorable response to the work of your organization.
By chance, I came across the pamphlet "Only Then Shall We Have Courage" and I was very much impressed by its contents. In turn, I discussed the pamphlet with several friends who readily agreed with the objectives of your Committee. Three of these people contributed a dollar each to your Campaign of education regarding atomic energy and I would appreciate it if you would forward a copy of the above mentioned pamphlet to each of the following named individuals:
Allison Marks, 11 Gray St., Cambridge, Mass. Mrs Robert Burden, 11 Gray St., Cambridge, Mass. Miss Lucy Allen, 41 Linnaean St., Cambridge, Mass. Miss Ruth Harnden, 128 Bellvue Avenue, West Roxbury, Mass.
I should also like you to send a copy of this pamphlet to the undersigned.
Enclosed is a check for Five Dollars.
Very truly yours,
William J Hutchinson (signature) William J Hutchinson
You don't have permission to discuss this page.