Hixson, Mrs. C.H., December 4, 1947
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
24 E. Ridgewood Shawnee, Oklahoma December 4, 1947
Gentlemen: You will find enclosed our contribution to aid in this worth cause you have undertaken. We fervently agree, as you have expressed in the pamphlet mailed us that "not only the churches, but the schools, colleges, and the leading organs of opinion should acquit themselves well of their unique responsibility in this regard." Acting on that conviction, we have enclosed the names of a number in our city holding places of responsibility. If possible, will you mail them "Atomic War or Peace" by Albert Einstein (as told to Raymond Swing), and join us in the hope that they will be convicted of their debt to all humanity. Sincerely yours, Mrs. C. H. Hixson Send these-thank her for names.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.