Hawbaker, Mr. E.J., May 24, 1947.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
HAWBAKER & SIEVERS ATTORNEYS AND COUNSELLORS CITY BUILDING MONTICELLO, ILLINOIS
May 24, 1947
ELIM J. HAWBAKER ARNOLD SIEVERS
Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists 90 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey
This will acknowledge receipt of your favor of May 19th and it is very disturbing literature. Mrs. Hawbaker and I are glad to contribute $10.00 to the fund. We are un-able to tell from the literature just what you propose to do, or could do. Can you make Christians out of Tartars? General Isenhower testified last week that when our soldiers met the Russian solciers, the latter inquired where we got so many Russian jeeps. We found out that we couldn't do business with Hitler. Do you think we can do business with Stalin?
Sincerely yours, EJ Hawbaker Mr. E. J. Hawbraker
You don't have permission to discuss this page.