Dunbar, Carl O., March 27, 1947.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Yale University Peadbody Museum of Natural History
New Haven, Connecticut March 27, 1947
Carl O. Dunbar, Director Sally H. Donahue, Executive Secretary
Dr. Albert Einstein Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists Room 28, 90 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey
Dear Dr. Einstein:
Yesterday evening I spoke to a men's group about the bomb tests at Bikini and, in doing so, mentioned the efforts of the Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists to collect a million dollars with which to educate the American public about the implications of the bomb. After the meeting the leader of the group handed me a five-dollar bill which someone in this audience wished to contribute to this fund. I am passing it on to you herewith.
If you wish to send a card of acknowledgment, please address it, not to me, but to Mr. Prann, President of the Men's Club of Trinity Episcopal Church, Brandford, Connecticut.
Very truly yours, Carl O. Dunbar
You don't have permission to discuss this page.