Bingham, Millicent, March 22, 1948
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
(1) Mar. 23
On reading the ex-change of letters, be-fore sending this off, I awe struck by several things in the points of view. I have twice traveled in Russia & am able to say from personal experience that there are many ad-mirable things in their social economy which Dr. Einstein admints with praiseworthy efforts at just-ice. There is also a back-ward lag which caused me to say it would take them 25 yrs to get a balance. This did not contribute to my popularity at the time. (The 25 yrs is not up yet) As to our social economy I will agree again with Dr. Einstein that something is radically wrong with it even tho we are up & up [illegible] living standards & have no backward lag. How else, to take just
You don't have permission to discuss this page.