Balch, Francis N., March 10, 1947.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Francis N. Balch Counsellor at Law 130 Prince Street. Jamaica Plain Massachusetts
March 10, 1947
Professor Albert Einstein, Chairman, Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, 90 Nassau Street, Princeton, N.J.
Dear Professor Einstein:
I regret exceedingly that my age, coupled with the poor state of my health and finances, renders it impossible for me to make more than a nominal contribution to your work.
Practically, I suppose it is an empty gesture on my part: but I like to make it, so enclose my check for $1.00
Yours very truly, Francis N. Balch
You don't have permission to discuss this page.