Atherton, J. B., No Date
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
J.B. Atherton P.O. Box 2200 Honolulu 5, Hawaii
Professor Albert Einstein Princeton, New Jersey
Dear Professor Einstein, I am enclosing my check for fifty dollar ($50.00) as a contribution to the educational work of the Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, in answer to your letter of June 8, 1946 addressed to my father, Mr. Frank C. Atherton. My father passed away about a year ago. However, as a graduate of Princeton University (1933) and a student of Professor Smyth in the physics department I have been and am naturally greatly interested in the problems and peaceful uses of atomic energy. Sincerely yours, J.B. Atherton
You don't have permission to discuss this page.