Field, Ada M., July 22, 1946.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Route 1, Guilford College, N.C. July 22, 1946
Dr. Albert Einstein Princeton University Princeton, N.J.
Dear Dr. Einstein: Enclosed please find check to be used for the work of the Association of Atomic Scientists.
I have long felt that scientists made a mistake in assuming that the world at large would make the best of scientific discoveries, and I am most happy that they are at last undertaking to help in the right use of scientific knowledge as well as in its discovery. I am only sorry not to be able to make a larger contribution.
You might be interested in knowing that Columnist Drew Pearson's article in today's newspaper called attention to the need of the Association for more funds, and so prompted my sending check today.
Very sincerely yours, (Miss) Ada M. Field
You don't have permission to discuss this page.